Sunday, March 4, 2007

Quite a Day. Both Biking and Bio-ing

Well, today was amazing. Acura L.A. Bike tour this morning (3:30 Wakeup!!) and this evening, i picked up my 2003 Jetta TDI.
I'm psyched. Got a medal for riding the 22 miles through Los Angeles with my buddies, and I got my car. Great day.

This morning, my lovely wife used the utility of her SUV to drive two of us to the bike tour, and we met the other guys at the parking lot.
We lined up, and in a barrage of booming fireworks, the ride was on!
We got to see parts of LA we normally wouldn't or couldn't ride through if there were traffic. Props to all who rode and finished. Thoughts out to the person who had a nasty fall on the bridge. Hope everything is okay.
We finished, met for breakfast, and then got some sleep. I'm going to train for the MS 150 in October. Now I definately feel like I could ride to work.

Tonight we went down to Long Beach and met the guy from whom I bought my TDI. That thing gets FAST on the freeway! I'm looking forward to "walking the walk" and it's onward from here.

Today was a great day. Felt accomplished, and now I have a new car.

Pictures from the ride soon.

No comments: