Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Training Ride

This Saturday, despite the threats of rain, Andy, Jon, and I went on a ride in preparation for our attempt at the Acura L.A. Bike Tour. 17 miles. Not bad. And that's in traffic! We started out at 10:00 am and rode up Sepulveda (North). We met Jon at the corner of Venice and Sepulveda, and then we all went East toward La Brea. Confirming that we were all good to go, we headed North on La Brea to Olympic, West on Olympic and back to Sepulveda, which we took South back to the start.
We made it up the hill at Century City, and the surprise rise just before Palms going South on Sepulveda. All for the reward of a smoothie at Mateo's in the strip mall at Sepulveda and Lucerne.
Even with traffic, stop lights, and our huffing, we did the loop, which my bike computer put at 17.3 miles, in about an hour and 15 minutes. That's good enough for me. It also made me think that I could do the ride from Culver City to Burbank, which is only 14 miles. That's the goal. Ride to work. It's a little insane, but I'll do it eventually.

Good ride. Looking forward to the Acura LA Bike Tour!

No comments: